The Place Enhancement Plan, developed by CHCTDC with support from consultant Otto Condon of ZGF Architects, strives to create a more dynamic and vibrant public realm.
Activities will include but not be limited to:
• Leveraging public realm improvements and working with DDOT to ensure the designs improve connectivity and the quality of civic spaces.
• Working with City, Community, Business and National Park Services stakeholders to create a sequence of Civic Spaces starting with Shepard Park,
• Strategically Enhancing the Main Street through storefronts, site revitalization and landscaping.
• Installing additional bike racks
• Installing public art
• Providing street pole decorations and street banners
• Assisting with façade improvements
• Activating public spaces with brand-centric events and activities
The Congress Heights Partnership will create ongoing opportunities for a variety of stakeholders to engage in neighborhood problem solving, to participate in community planning efforts and to coordinate resources around common objectives related to Congress Heights’ community.
The Congress Heights Partnership will be funded by a combination of sources including Main Street and clean team grants, contracts for services, government grants and other contributions.